Go. Do. Act. Do More. Everywhere you turn there are more and more demands on you. The smart people turn to a productivity system like Getting Things Done and gain control of their lives- or do they?
These systems solve can certainly help gain control over tasks but they leave open many problems:
- Too Complex– You need to read through a 200+ page book to get started. Who has the time and effort to go through it? When you get through the last page do you remember the points from page 10? Then the setup can take days, who has the patients?
- Donâ€™t focus on Planning– The systems focus almost exclusively on the doing: Get it done faster, better. But they are too quick to act. Many times a little thinking in advance can save much time on the execution or eliminate it completely.
- Donâ€™t Focus on Enjoyment– You can be perfectly efficient doing tasks you hate but if you donâ€™t enjoy it whatâ€™s the point? Then before you know it youâ€™re procrastinating and what good is the system doing for you?
- Donâ€™t Focus on Your Life– The systems may focus on work. Some even focus on the tasks you perform at home but what about integrating your health, spouse, kids and the rest of your goals into this.
Donâ€™t get me wrong I love Getting Things Done and use many of its principles (Youâ€™ll see them in these pages) but it doesnâ€™t address the above problems.
In this site Iâ€™m developing (yes developing lots more content to come) a system to take the best of all systems and address the above problems and more. Here are the advantages youâ€™ll experience:
- Simple It uses simplicity and simple technology to do a lot of the tasks for you. No need to recopy notes and keep 43 million folders for filing.
- Life Management Thereâ€™s more to life than work. Thereâ€™s family, play, community- itâ€™s about balance and doing what you need, when you need to.
- Get started quickly– Iâ€™ve added a Get Started section where you can get started in just a few minutes. Actually if you take away that you should enjoy whatever you do, youâ€™re already ahead of the game.
What are your frustrations with your current system?