Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/metcomp/smm/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 1858
Recently Dr Phil, the talk show host, proclaimed, “The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished.” So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn’t finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey’s Irish Cream, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates. You have no idea how good I feel right now.
Jokes aside it is important to finish what you start. Unfinished items will clog your to do list. When you leave an item unfinished for a while you should use the “processing” rules:
- Delete- Don’t do this task (don’t worry about the work you already did if it’s not needed drop the task.)
- Delegate- maybe someone else can help you finish it.
- Defer- if you’re not going to get to it soon- defer it. Put it on your someday/maybe list so it’s not cluttering your current to do list.
- Do now- Can you do it in 5 minutes or less?
- Designate- if you know you need to meet someone to get further details on this task (or to do it)- designate some time on your calendar.
I actually started this post months ago. I feel much better, it’s one less draft I need to worry about and I now have a post for tomorrow (today, for those of you reading it).